The gluteus maximus is the largest of the three gluteal muscles, the gluteus medius and gluteus minimus. It contributes massively to the appearance of each side of the hips. You may not realise it but you use your glute muscles on an everyday basis, it’s not just runners and hard-core athletes, it is regarded as one of the strongest muscles in the human body! That’s why using a foam roller on the glutes regularly is so effective!
- Place a yoga mat on the floor for comfort.
- Pick up you Pulseroll vibrating foam roller and place it on the yoga mat.
- Sit directly on top of the foam roller, so that it’s right underneath your glute.
- Place both hands behind you for support, and bend both legs.
- You can use your left hand to gently place your right ankle onto your left knee.
- With your hand either on your ankle or thigh, slightly lean to the right. This will isolate the gluteus maximus muscle.
- Gently roll back and forth until your find any trigger points. Let the vibrations work their magic.
- Hold for 20 seconds then repeat on the other side. (You can also perform this exercise with one leg slightly straightened in front of you instead of putting the ankle on to the opposite knee.)
Tight glutes can be the main cause of pain in your hips, back, and other areas of the body, which is why this easy foam roller stretch is vital after a workout. Using the vibrating foam roller will help loosen your muscles, increase blood flow and flush away lactic acid. The vibrating foam roller is a super-versatile piece of exercise equipment that offers many benefits similar to a sports massage, saving you time and money.
So what are you waiting for? Have a go at foam rolling glutes and feel the difference!