Plantar fasciitis is a common condition affecting the foot and heel. It can be extremely painful and can make it hard to walk which can be frustrating for people who do physical work for their profession. The plantar fascia connects the heel bone with the ball of the foot, and forms the arch of the foot, and is vital for standing, walking, and supporting the weight of the body.
When this fascia on the bottom of the foot becomes inflamed, this can cause plantar fasciitis which manifests as pain in the heel and foot. While it can happen to anyone, you’re more likely to get it if you take part in high impact activities such as jogging, or if you’re at work all day on your feet.
Stretches and a specific plantar fasciitis massage can be an extremely effective way to ease the pain of this particular condition before it becomes a bigger issue. If you’re looking for a way to massage away heel pain, try these quick and easy plantar fasciitis home remedies.
Using your hands for a plantar fasciitis massage
Follow the steps below to give yourself a plantar fasciitis massage:
- Sit down on a bed or chair and bring one foot up to rest where you can reach it with your hand
- Use the heel of your opposite hand to push down on the sole of your foot, working from the heel to the toes
- Start with light pressure, then slowly start to increase it
- Cover the surface of your foot a few times to loosen up the fascia tissue.
Massage through thumb pulls
- Sit down and cross one leg over the other
- Put both thumbs in the middle of your foot. At the same time, pull one thumb toward the right side of your foot and the other to the left side, moving the fascial tissue. Do this for 1 to 2 minutes
- Move to other areas of your foot, pulling your thumbs to each side for 1 to 2 minutes. Cover the surface of your foot with this motion
- Increase the pressure by leaning in to use more body weight.
Using equipment for a plantar fasciitis massage
If you have tried various plantar fasciitis home remedies, you might be considering investing in some equipment to aid you better through this process. This is where muscle recovery equipment like Pulseroll can be really helpful.
Using a vibrating massage ball under the foot could be the easiest way to give yourself a foot massage and ease some of the plantar fasciitis pain.
All you need to do is turn it on and place it under the foot, then apply pressure and gently roll up and down. You can easily change the speed settings with the handy remote control! The vibration technology works by breaking down any tight knots and easing inflammation, making it the perfect solution for heel and plantar fasciitis pain.
Check out the full range of Pulseroll vibrating recovery tools, all of which can be used under the feet to help ease plantar fasciitis pain.