Foam roller shoulders exercises can drastically improve your posture as well as speed up recovery from injury. We put so much pressure on our shoulders and upper back in our day to day lives, therefore it’s extremely common to experience shoulder pain. If you haven’t tried using a foam roller on your shoulders yet then what are you waiting for? It will provide you with the best and most effective deep tissue massage, which you can do in your own home at your own time.
The shoulder actually has about 8 muscles that attach to the scapula, humerus, and clavicle. These muscles form the shape of the shoulder and are used in most arm movements, but don’t worry, you don’t have to be an expert on the anatomy of the shoulder, but it’s useful to know the different muscle areas that we all use. Weightlifters and bodybuilders are at high risk of shoulder injury due to the amount of heavy lifting they do, however anyone just sitting at their desk or driving all day could also be at risk, due to the unnatural position their body is put in for a long period of time.
The Pulseroll vibrating foam rollers can help with sore shoulders by increasing blood flow and softening muscle tissue, as the vibration technology works deeper into the muscle!
Try these foam roller shoulders exercises, focusing on different areas of the shoulder:
Foam rolling traps:
- Lay on your back and put your feet flat on the ground.
- Place the foam roller underneath you, right on top of your shoulders. This would be where you’d place a barbell during squats.
- Tighten your core and lift your tailbone off the floor, increasing pressure on the foam roller.
- Gently apply pressure and lean from side to side.
- With a vibrating foam roller no actual rolling needs to be done, the vibrations do all the hard work.
Do not place the foam roller anywhere on the neck as this can cause severe damage!
Foam rolling side shoulders:
- Lay on your side and place the foam roller underneath you between yourself and the floor.
- Apply pressure and gently roll up and down.
- With a vibrating foam roller, find trigger points and hold for 30 seconds.
- Repeat on the opposite shoulder.
Try our vibrating foam roller today and benefit from the good vibrations.