If you suffer from back and shoulder pain, these simple delts foam roller exercises could be the cure you’ve been waiting for. The deltoid (otherwise known as the delt) is a large muscle located right at the top of your shoulder. Tendons attach the delt to the shoulder blade, upper arm and the collarbone, making it the muscle responsible for lifting the arm and giving the shoulder its range of motion.
It’s not a rare problem for people to suffer from back and shoulder pain, due to our lifestyles consisting mostly of being slumped at a desk all day. But don’t let back pain become a huge problem, by foam rolling delts you’ll be surprised how much better you will feel. Using a vibrating foam roller feels like getting an intense back and shoulder massage from the comfort of your own home.
If you’re not sure how to use a foam roller for your delts, try these quick and easy delts foam roller exercises to improve your posture and say goodbye to the pain.
- Lay flat on your stomach.
- Straighten one arm out beside your body and have one arm bent round in front of you for balance.
- Place the vibrating foam roller under the shoulder of the straightened arm, making sure you’re hitting the trigger point on the front of your delt muscle.
- Apply pressure and let the vibrations do all the work.
- You can gently roll back and forth if you want to.
- Stand sideways next to a wall.
- Place the vibrating foam roller on the side of your shoulder, hitting the trigger point on your side delt muscle.
- Apply pressure and gently roll up and down the wall.
- Lay down on your side.
- Place the vibrating foam roller under your shoulder, towards the back above where your shoulder blade is located.
- Apply pressure and roll gently front to back.
Make sure to pick up a Pulseroll vibrating foam roller to get the most out of these delt foam roller exercises.