1. Injury prevention and recoveryThe main purpose of a massage is to help relax the muscles and relieve tension in the body, which in turn helps to shorten the muscle recovery time required between workouts, as toxic debris is constantly being eliminated to allow the muscles to bounce back. Percussion massage provided by a massage gun helps muscle contraction which results in strengthening of the muscles. Making massage therapy part of your lifestyle and post-workout routine is a great way to relieve stress.
2. Vibration healing and pain relief
Vibration recovery is a form of healing that is based on vibrations and subtle energies. A deep tissue massage gun provides this same relief as it delivers vibrations deep into the muscle by the using percussive therapy technique. The vibrations from the massage help to improve blood circulation around the body, which helps to provide the muscles with more oxygen and nutrients. The result of this is speedy recovery, improved range of motion, pain relief, and relief from muscle fatigue and soreness. Pain in the neck, shoulders and lower back can easily be relieved with muscle recovery equipment like a massage gun.
3. Releases lactic acid
Lactic acid forms when the oxygen levels in the body are low and the body begins to compensate for it by converting newly formed lactate into energy. This often happens during intense exercise and the lactic acid tends to build up in the bloodstream faster than it can burn off. This could make you feel exhausted, and have cramp feelings in your muscles. A massage gun can reverse this, as it helps the release of lactic acid and other toxins from the muscles. This will help reduce the risk of muscle soreness that often comes after a prolonged exertion period due to lactic acid accumulation.
4. PortableIf you’re looking for recovery on the go, massage guns are a perfect tool, especially when it comes to the Pulseroll massage gun. Unlike other guns on the market, this massage gun is ultra quiet and it won’t be distracting when it comes to using it outdoors. Additionally, check out our mini massage gun, the pocket-friendly ally.
5. Muscle spasm and stiffnessMassage guns can help relieve muscle spasms and stiffness that may occur from an intense workout. The muscle spasm often occurs in the muscles, when they are lacking proper blood flow. This could result in spasms that are painful to touch. The massage gun works by applying pressure to the muscle, tendons, and ligaments to help them become relaxed.
6. Cost effective
Massage guns are an alternative for having massages and visiting physiotherapists. By investing in a massage gun, you would be able to use it everyday from the comfort of your own home. The more frequently you use it, the more you would be reducing costs of visiting clinics.
7. Activates the nervous system and muscles
The nervous system activates and controls muscle activity and maintains the homeostasis of the body. The nervous system is alerted for each operation on the muscles. Massage guns help to stimulate the sympathetic nervous system receptors that induce skin and muscle vasodilatation, reducing stress and making the muscles relax while improving mobility.
8. Breaking up of scar tissueScar tissue helps to repair damaged fibers in your body, but have a different elasticity than other muscle tissues in your body. As such, breaking down this scar tissue will help with alleviating pain. And this is where the massage gun comes in!
9. Improves range of motionAfter using a deep tissue massage gun, you’ll find that your joints are more flexible and have better circulation. This is because the massage gun works to improve your range of motion.
10. Improves overall wellness
Regular use of a deep tissue massage gun can improve sleep and immunity, as well as reduce anxiety levels. Massage guns help stimulate the receptors of the sympathetic nervous system, which causes vasodilation in the skin and muscles, thereby releasing tension and helping the muscles relax while improving mobility.