- Sit directly on top of the foam roller so it’s right underneath your glute
- Place both hands behind you for support
- You can use your left hand to gently place your right ankle onto your left knee.
- With your hand on either your ankle or thigh, slightly lean to the right. This will isolate the gluteus maximus muscle
- Gently roll back and forth and repeat on the other side.
- Sit on the ground and place the foam roller under your thighs
- Extend both legs out in front of you
- Place your hands on the ground behind you for balance and push up so that your weight is supported by your hands
- Apply pressure and slowly roll back and forth until you find a trigger point.
- Place the foam roller underneath the calf, keeping the toes pointed upwards
- Apply pressure and gently roll front to back
- You can also place one ankle over the other, stretch the toes out, and lean side to side as you apply pressure down.
- Lay on the floor face down and place the foam roller under your quads just above the knees
- Arms should be placed on the floor with the elbows under the shoulders
- Slowly push yourself backwards, rolling the foam roller up the legs
- Then change direction and slowly roll back in the opposite way.